Lemon-Basil Pork Chops
“My husband just loves these lovely lemon-flavored chops,” Linda Senuta attests from Oakdale, Pennsylvania. “I’ve made them many times and always receive good reviews.”
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine egg and lemon juice. In another shallow
- dish, combine the bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil. Dip
- pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 280 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot