Lemon-Basil Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine egg and lemon juice. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 280 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.