- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine egg and lemon juice. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Pork Chops
"My husband and I loved this! Super easy to make and better tasting than Shake n bake, withiut all the preservatives and salt."
"Made these pork chops without the lemon peel ( I didn't have a fresh lemon available) and the juice was from Real Lemon. They turned out really good and the family enjoyed it! I am actually making these again tonight and now I have an actual lemon to juice and peel. I am betting the taste will be better! Thanks!"
"Won't make this again! Shake n bake would have been better!"