- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine egg and lemon juice. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, butter, lemon peel and basil. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Pork Chops
Sort By :
Made these pork chops without the lemon peel ( I didn't have a fresh lemon available) and the juice was from Real Lemon. They turned out really good and the family enjoyed it! I am actually making these again tonight and now I have an actual lemon to juice and peel. I am betting the taste will be better! Thanks!
Won't make this again! Shake n bake would have been better!