Lemon-Basil Fruit Dressing
This tempting dressing from Carol Gano, Ballwin, Missouri, stirs up in a jiffy. The addition of basil makes it deliciously different, and honey balances the tart citrus taste. With the consistency of nectar, it enhances the natural goodness of most any fresh fruit medley.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 7-1/2 cups assorted fresh fruit
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended. Place
- fruit in a serving bowl; serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dressing with 3/4 cup fruit) equals 111 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.