Lemon-Basil Frozen Yogurt
This creamy, unique froyo is a cinch to make and will have you cooled down in no time. —Bryan Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 6 cups (48 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter
- and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover
- yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- overnight. Discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a large bowl;
- stir in the basil, sugar, walnuts and lemon peel.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the
- manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze
- for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 279 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.