Lemon-Basil Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 6 cups (48 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a large bowl; stir in the basil, sugar, walnuts and lemon peel.
- 2. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup equals 279 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.