This creamy, unique froyo is a cinch to make and will have you cooled down in no time. —Bryan Kennedy, Kaneohe, Hawaii
- 6 cups (48 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a large bowl; stir in the basil, sugar, walnuts and lemon peel.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Lemon-Basil Frozen Yogurt in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p19
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Frozen Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review