- 6 cups (48 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a large bowl; stir in the basil, sugar, walnuts and lemon peel.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Frozen Yogurt
"The taste was wonderful. I think the problem with the machines getting bogged down, is that the basil and lemon peel froze solid to the paddles early on. Next time I am going to try it without those ingrediants, until near the end. This recipe definitely tasted more "lemony and basily" the next day."
"Very tasty, but was so think my machine could not churn it. We ended up freezing the mess and just taking out chunks to enjoy."
"gotta wonder if this bonnielynn lady is related to the recipe provider. I had the same problem Lenny848 did but finally got to the recipe. Not disgusting but I would not make it again. And..."froyo" rates right up there with mani pedi, sammi, veggie and EVOO for annoyance factors. Are you 12?"
"I would probably try this recipe if I could read it before rating it. I've tried to read the recipe 4 times but as soon as I scroll to the ingredients, I get sent to this page. Very upsetting if you want to try a recipe."
"This is the best frozen yogurt ever! If you like basil and lemon, you will love this dish. Warning - it's addictive!"
"This is the best frozen yogurt ever! If you like basil and lemon, you will love this stuff. Warning - it's addictive."