Lemon Basil Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and lemon juice. Gradually add cake mix and mix well. Stir in the coconut, pecans, basil and lemon peel.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Basil Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.