- 1 Reynolds® Oven Bag, Large Size
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons each dried basil and rosemary, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 to 6 pound whole chicken
- 1 small yellow squash, cut in large pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut in large pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut in 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shake flour in Reynolds® Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch or larger baking pan at least 2 inches deep. Add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon each basil and rosemary, 1 teaspoon lemon peel and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt to bag. Squeeze bag to blend in flour.
- Add potatoes to oven bag. Turn bag to coat potatoes. Push potatoes to sides of bag. Combine remaining seasonings; spoon 2 teaspoons into chicken cavity. Sprinkle and rub remaining seasonings over entire chicken; place in center of potatoes in bag. Arrange squash, zucchini and bell pepper over potatoes.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
- Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 180°F. Let stand in oven bag 10 minutes; remove chicken from bag. Stir sauce and serve over chicken and vegetables. Yield: 5 to 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Basil Chicken with Vegetables in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p45
Reviews forLemon Basil Chicken with Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review