Lemon-Basil Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, basil, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170*deg;. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third.
- Return chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Chicken Marsala(29)
Sort By :
This is my go to chicken marsala recipe. It's perfect for my husband and I and if company comes over I simply double/triple the recipe. The lemon adds a bit of freshness to this recipe which we love. In the winter time I keep a jar of freeze dried basil on hand and it works well for this recipe. I use low sodium chicken stock in lieu of the wine. It is absolutely delicious.
Just made it and it was a hit! Doubled the sauce but husband wanted even more.
I've made this several times ... what a delicious recipe! My family loves it. I love the fact that it's quick to prepare. Served it with garlic mashed potatoes. I added a little bit more chicken broth and marsala wine so we would have extra sauce for the potatoes. Excellent dish!
Taste just like Chicken Marsala Olive Garden. The only thing I did different is I used Oregano instead of basil and 1/4 cup of olive oil with 1 tbsp. butter to sauté the chicken. Very good one of our home new favorites. Thank you for the recipe.
This was SO good! I had 4 thinly sliced chicken breast peices so I just doubled the entire recipe. I also used chicken broth instead of marsala wine. My boyfriend loved it and said that it tasted like something he would eat at a restaurant. He's not very into chicken and really enjoyed this! I let the sauce reduce a little too much due to multitasking in the kitchen, but still it was good! Next time i'm going to serve it with garlic mashed potatoes & fresh green beans. :))
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Marsala >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >