THIS IS one of my favorite ways to prepare carrots—simple but flavorful. I devised this recipe since we always seem to have carrots on hand, and the dish has drawn quite a few compliments. Sometimes I'll make extra and add them to my "soup jar" in the freezer—they make a great addition to a batch of homemade soup! —Donna Smith
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- Place carrots in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Cook for 10
- minutes or until tender; drain and return to pan. Add the remaining
- ingredients. Cook over low heat until butter is melted. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.