Lemon Basil Carrots
I discovered that the subtle taste of lemon really enhances the flavor of carrots. This recipe is a winner! Garnished with basil, these sweet, tender carrots add color to any main course.
-Donna Smith, Fairport, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain. In the same pan, melt butter; stir in lemon
- juice, garlic salt if desired, basil and pepper. Return carrots to
- the pan and heat through
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.