Lemon-Basil Bow Ties
"Even our children enjoy this quick side dish," relates Michelle Harbour of Lebanon, Tennessee. With fresh basil, shredded Parmesan and a splash of citrus, the pasta toss is a delicious accompaniment to many different entrees.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn or thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet,
- saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon
- peel, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add basil;
- toss to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until basil is
- wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.