- 4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn or thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add basil; toss to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until basil is wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon-Basil Bow Ties
"It was ok. Kind of ordinary. I would make again - but only as a weeknight dinner with the family. I would add even more basil and maybe even more lemon."
"Light and refreshing."
"Good but pretty plain. I'd probably add something more to it next time."
"A little bland,"
"This is very good. I love the marriage of all the flavors. This is superb with the Blackened chicken."
"very fresh, light and perfect with the shrimp I made. I may have added a little too much salt but it was very good regardless."