Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over the crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Bars
Sort By :
Great taste. I gave it a four because of the consistency. I doubled the recipe and used a 13 x 9. I baked it for the time recommended (25 minutes) and it was nice and brown on top. It was way too runny to eat warm so I put it in the refrigerator. After 5 hours in the refrigerator, it was still pretty runny. It was not a solid bar that you could pick up and eat. Next time, I will not double and I will put foil over the top after 20 minutes or so and lengthen the cooking time. Otherwise, my family loved it.
Delicious!!! I gave the recipe a four star rating because I didn't follow it exactly. People seem to get bothered when you modify it and then rate it high. I changed three things. Firstly, I left the cookie in for an extra five minutes, I found it too mushy on my first try. Secondly, I doubled the filling because I like it thicker like a lemon brownie. Lastly, I added about three (3) more tablespoons of lemon juice and lemon peel. While I liked the taste on my first try, my family wanted more of a lemon taste. The recipe is good we just wanted a little more. I guess my family is just greedy lol. We can't stop eating these.
Perfect as is. Took to 4th of July party and it was a huge hit! I used the parchment paper per ebramkamp's advice. With the never ending need to experiment, I'm trying something new right now . . . replaced 1 cup flour for: 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup almond flour to give it a little almond cookie flavor to compliment the lemon. Yumm
After reading the reviews I added extra lemon juice. Very good!
I made this as as is. It definitely needs more lemon flavor. Next time I will add more lemon juice or maybe add some lemon extract.