Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over the crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Bars(24)
Sort By :
Delicious! Made it in an 11x7 and baked the crust for 25 minutes and the top for 20 minutes. Came out perfectly.
Very yummy!!! no changes!
These bars are a bit crust-heavy, but that keeps them from falling apart like some lemon bars I've tried.
This is the exact recipe that was in my Grandmother's recipe box. Her neighbor, Mrs. Bullard, made it for us every time we came to town for a visit. She was a fabulous cook...I wish I had her bread and butter pickle recipe! These lemon bars are a taste of my fondest childhood memories!!!
Thanks for sharing.
very lemony. just like I remember.