Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over the crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Bars(30)
Sort By :
I've tried several lemon bar recipes, this one still gets voted #1. * Note: let cool completely or you will have a sticky mess. Much better the following day.
Make it 4 tbsp of lemon juice and 2 lemons' worth of grated zest, and these bars are fantastic.
Love these lemon bars
YUM! I am huge lemon fan, so I doubled the amount of lemon juice. Oh so good!