Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over the crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Bars(28)
Sort By :
Love these lemon bars
YUM! I am huge lemon fan, so I doubled the amount of lemon juice. Oh so good!
Delicious, but needs more lemon flavor. The first time I made them they were just OK,. I increased the lemon juice to 4 tbsp. the second time I made them and found them much tastier and delicious.
Delicious! Made it in an 11x7 and baked the crust for 25 minutes and the top for 20 minutes. Came out perfectly.