Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over the crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Bars(34)
Sort By :
A wonderful lemon bar recipe. I did use freshly grated lemon peel in lieu of the extract. Another trick I do to make it super easy to remove the bars from the pan is to lightly butter the pan then line with parchment paper which hangs over the edge of the pan a bit. I butter the pan lightly to keep the parchment paper in place. When the bars are done all I have to do is grab the ends of the parchment paper, pull everything out and place on a cooling rack. Clean up is also a breeze.
Made these lemon bars this afternoon and they are delicious! I, too, doubled the amount of fresh lemon juice and grated lemon rind because my family likes more of a tart lemon taste. I will definitely be making these again!
This is one of my go to desserts. Great with bottled lemon juice but outstanding with fresh lemon. It makes a great addition to a cookie tray and it is so easy.
Taste just like my mom's! Delicious!! I will be adding this to my files!!
I've tried several lemon bar recipes, this one still gets voted #1. * Note: let cool completely or you will have a sticky mess. Much better the following day.