- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter and confectioners' sugar. Pat into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat eggs. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over the crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Bars
"Absolutely delicious but I added 1 teaspoon of lemon extract to the mix!!"
"Delicious! Thank you, Etta for sharing this recipe. I made these for my Mom so she could freeze them and have them on hand for company."
"These are delicious as written but for a little extra taste add 1/4 cp. chopped walnuts to the crust....makes a big difference in taste and crunchiness. I also add one teaspoon of lemon extract to the filling. Will make often."
"I really like this recipe, and I love the low calorie count! I do add more fresh lemon juice - about 4 Tbsp usually, because as written, the lemon flavor isn't strong enough."
"Delicious and very easy to make! I'd make it every month of I could!"