Lemon Bar Trifle Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- LEMON LAYER:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and pecans; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and flour. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel.
- 4. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate until chilled.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Crumble the baked pecan mixture; set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- 6. Just before serving, in a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer 1 cup each pecan mixture, lemon mixture and cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup equals 885 calories, 47 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 110 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Bar Trifle
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.