Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing Recipe
This creamy dressing, with its bold lemon flavor, is a refreshing change of pace, it's not one you'll see on the grocery shelves. My uncle in California shared the recipe with me.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salad greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and sweet red and yellow pepper strips
- 1. In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until blended. Serve with salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 cup.
One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC