This creamy dressing, with its bold lemon flavor, is a refreshing change of pace, it's not one you'll see on the grocery shelves. My uncle in California shared the recipe with me.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salad greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers and sweet red and yellow pepper strips
- In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until blended. Serve with salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p33
Reviews for Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review