Clarice Scheeringa of Ripon, California shares this dressed-up asparagus. "I live in the heart of asparagus country, so I'm always on the look out for new ways to serve it," she explains. "Lemon and a touch of tarragon make it a quick elegant side dish."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place asparagus and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover
- and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add butter, lemon juice and tarragon; toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 43 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.