Lemon Artichoke Romaine Salad Recipe
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, artichokes and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 114 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.