"I created this dish when I was trying to duplicate a very lemony Caesar salad," recalls Kathy Armstrong of Post Falls, Idaho. "I think my version is not only delicious but more healthful, too!"
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, artichokes and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Artichoke Romaine Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p17
Reviews for Lemon Artichoke Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review