Lemon Artichoke Romaine Salad Recipe
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, artichokes and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Artichoke Romaine Salad(4)
Sort By :
I surprisingly enjoyed this salad. It's a nice change from our plain dinner salads and really easy to prepare and I think that it tastes very light and fresh. Next time, I probably won't put the olives on though(personal preference).
I found the flavor in the average range. I probably won't make it again, since I have so many other salad recipes that I prefer, but it's not a bad recipe, and I can see others enjoying it. I would recommend people try it.
I have made this recipe dozens of times and we just love it. It's the perfect salad to serve with Italian main dishes, especially when you have guests. I have also made it without the tomatoes, or using cherry tomatoes (halved) and it is great that way too. The dressing is very flavorful for being so light.
This is garlicky, but oh-so delicious. I've taken it to pot lucks and parties, and it's wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >