Lemon Artichoke Bottoms
While most people have had artichoke dip, they've never experienced artichoke bottoms. Whenever I serve these rich, buttery bite-size snacks, I'm asked for the recipe.Kelly Lindner, Weatherford, Texas
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut 1/4 in. from bottom of artichokes to level if necessary. Place on
- a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into artichokes. Bake at
- 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 77 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.