Lemon Anise Biscotti Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons aniseed, crushed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add oil and extracts; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture. Beat in lemon peel and aniseed.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden and tops begin to crack. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- 4. Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into scant 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm and golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 66 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Lemon Anise Biscotti
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.