From Houston, Texas, Charlotte Westfall says, "The light lemony flavor of these treats is wonderful and very impressive. They are quite showy on a cookie tray."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10 tablespoons sugar, divided
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream and lemon peel until well blended. Place on a piece of waxed paper; shape into a 4-1/2-in. square. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into four 2-1/4-in. squares. Place one square on a piece of waxed paper sprinkled with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover with another piece of waxed paper. Keep remaining squares refrigerated. Roll out dough into a 12x5-in. rectangle, turning often to coat both sides with sugar.
- Lightly mark center of 12-in. side. Starting with a short side, roll up jelly-roll style to the center mark, peeling paper away while rolling. Repeat rolling from other short side, so the two rolls meet in the center and resemble a scroll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Repeat with remaining squares, using 2 tablespoons sugar for each. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices; dip each side in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 14 minutes or until golden brown. Turn cookies over; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Angel Wings in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p6
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Angel Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review