- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10 tablespoons sugar, divided
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream and lemon peel until well blended. Place on a piece of waxed paper; shape into a 4-1/2-in. square. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into four 2-1/4-in. squares. Place one square on a piece of waxed paper sprinkled with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover with another piece of waxed paper. Keep remaining squares refrigerated. Roll out dough into a 12x5-in. rectangle, turning often to coat both sides with sugar.
- Lightly mark center of 12-in. side. Starting with a short side, roll up jelly-roll style to the center mark, peeling paper away while rolling. Repeat rolling from other short side, so the two rolls meet in the center and resemble a scroll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Repeat with remaining squares, using 2 tablespoons sugar for each. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices; dip each side in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 14 minutes or until golden brown. Turn cookies over; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Angel Wings
Sort By :
"Lemon angel wings? More like pie crust pinwheels as almost every one broke in half either while slicing or flipping, and I couldn't taste any lemon at all. They just taste like bits of pastry crust. Seemed to help to slice them fatter than a 1/2 inch, and if I made these again (which I won't), I'd at least double the lemon. A lot of work for a disappointing cookie."
"These are my new favorite cookies! LOVE them!!! So easy & good!"
"These were delicious! We couldn't stop eating them. They were quite time consuming and tricky to make. Mine didn't really look like the ones in the picture. I had trouble keeping them from breaking or getting too brown. But even the brown ones went fast!"
"forgot to add that I had no problems with the cookies sticking to the foil"
"These cookies are delicious and have a wonderful crispy texture. I found that I did not have to bake them as long as the recipe - about 10 min on the first side, then after turning another 3 minutes."