Lemon Angel Cake
In Grande Prairie, Alberta, Debbie Segate relies on tangy lemon pie filling and a few other ingredients to quickly dress up a store-bought angel food cake. "If there's time, I use a boxed mix to bake the cake," she adds.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling
- in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Cut cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving
- plate; top with 1 cup lemon mixture. Top with a second cake layer.
- Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for
- 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.