Lemon Angel Cake Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- 2. Cut cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1 cup lemon mixture. Top with a second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Angel Cake
"I have made this cake several times--We like to put strawberries and mint around the bottom of it for added decorations--My friend request this every time I offer to bring a dessert."
"To simplify this recipe even more, I just used 1-1/4 cups of Cool Whip to mix with the lemon pie filling. Sometimes, I make the lemon filling with a box mix instead of canned."
"I have made this easy cake several times. It is delicious and no one would guess how easy it is!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.