Lemon Angel Cake Recipe
In Grande Prairie, Alberta, Debbie Segate relies on tangy lemon pie filling and a few other ingredients to quickly dress up a store-bought angel food cake. "If there's time, I use a boxed mix to bake the cake," she adds.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- 2. Cut cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1 cup lemon mixture. Top with a second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Angel Cake
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2013
"To simplify this recipe even more, I just used 1-1/4 cups of Cool Whip to mix with the lemon pie filling. Sometimes, I make the lemon filling with a box mix instead of canned."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC