Lemon Angel Cake Bars
A neighbor gave me this recipe years ago and it's been in flavor rotation ever since. It can be made ahead and serves a bunch, so it's perfect for parties and potlucks. —Marina Castle, Canyon Country, California
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pie filling
- and coconut until blended; spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla
- until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over
- cooled bars; sprinkle with lemon peel. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into bars or triangles. Yield: 4 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.