- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pie filling and coconut until blended; spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cooled bars; sprinkle with lemon peel. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cut into bars or triangles. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Angel Cake Bars
Sort By :
"These are very nice, large pan a bonus. I made the package of sherries rather than purchase canned. So easy to have everything on hand. Janet. VFE"
"I cook for an individual or group every week and am always looking for new recipes. In the summer I look for refreshing dessert ideas. This recipe is delicious! It is light and refreshing and so easy to prepare. I also used sweetened coconut and it was fine. Definitely a keeper!"
"Anyone have a substitute for using Coconut?"
"Light and very tasty. Baked in 25 mins. Easy to cut in bars. I , too,used sweetened coconut and it was fine. Icing was yummy!!! RE: Kogo's question, no just add lemon filling and coconut to cake mix, it comes out fine.Gail Borczyk, Field Editor"
"Yummy! I love any dessert with lemon and these did not disappoint! I think next time I will use a little less coconut. Will make again!"