- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pie filling and coconut until blended; spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cooled bars; sprinkle with lemon peel. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cut into bars or triangles. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Angel Cake Bars
Sort By :
Haven' made it yet..........but sounds amazing! Love Lemon recipes. wanted to ask first ....do you just add the cake mix with other ingredients or make the cake mix according to directions along with the other ingredients? Can't wait to make this.
silly question but do make the cake according to the package? Or just use the cake mix without the liquids and eggs called for? Actually, I don't think you would bake the cake according to package because if you did, it would be a much deeper cake bottom if u get what I mean
These were amazing.. they are more like a cake than a bar. I made the mistake of putting it in a 9x13 pan and it became a cake. Next time I will use the right pan and it will be a bar. I could not find the canned lemon pie filling so I used Jello lemon pudding instant mix, wiped it up and put it all in to cake mix. It turned out fine. I also used regular coconut and it was not too sweet. Perfect!!
This has the texture of cake more than a dense bar. The lemon flavor is fabulous! My husband doesn't always care for lemon desserts because they can be tart, but this just had an amazing lemon flavor with no tartness! My children really enjoyed these as well. I, too, used regular shredded coconut instead of unsweetened. The grated lemon peel really adds to this recipe; be sure to use it if you can!
Enjoyed these. Loved the chewy texture. I used regular sweetened coconut and it was not overly sweet at all. I like the versatility of the recipe: I bet it would be just as good with other flavors of pie filling. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Lemon Bars >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >