In Grande Prairie, Alberta, Debbie Segate relies on tangy lemon pie filling and a few other ingredients to quickly dress up a store-bought angel food cake. "If there's time, I use a boxed mix to bake the cake," she adds.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pie filling in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Cut cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1 cup lemon mixture. Top with a second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Chill for 15 minutes or until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Angel Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Angel Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review