Lemon and Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
A bit of honey helps balance the tangy flavor of lemon juice and mustard. I use this as a salad dressing, as a topping for steamed veggies and as a marinade for chicken.Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady
- stream. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 133 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.