Lemon and Herb Fryers Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- 1. In two large resealable plastic bags, combine the first eight ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Cover and grill over medium-low heat for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 456 calories, 30g fat (7g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 42g protein
Reviews for Lemon and Herb Fryers
"I made this for a camping trip and the family all agreed that it was definitely a keeper."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.