Lemon and Herb Fryers
With its slight hint of lemon and variety of herbs, this chicken disappears quickly. I'm not sure where this originated, but I've passed it onto countless friends.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- In two large resealable plastic bags, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to
- remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at
- least 12 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Cover and grill over medium-low heat for
- 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 456 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a