With its slight hint of lemon and variety of herbs, this chicken disappears quickly. I'm not sure where this originated, but I've passed it onto countless friends.
Featured In: 25 Delicious Ways to Cook Chicken Legs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- In two large resealable plastic bags, combine the first eight ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Cover and grill over medium-low heat for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon and Herb Fryers in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p93
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon and Herb Fryers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
"I made this for a camping trip and the family all agreed that it was definitely a keeper."