Lemon and Herb Fryers Recipe
With its slight hint of lemon and variety of herbs, this chicken disappears quickly. I'm not sure where this originated, but I've passed it onto countless friends.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- In two large resealable plastic bags, combine the first eight ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Cover and grill over medium-low heat for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon and Herb Fryers in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p93
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon and Herb Fryers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
I made this for a camping trip and the family all agreed that it was definitely a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >