Lemon Almond Tea
"Try this delightful dressed-up version when you want to serve something other than plain iced tea," suggests Brenda McCaleb of Nashville, Tennessee. "I've used it for all sorts of events."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups water
- 15 individual tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 quarts cold water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add
- tea bags. Cover and steep for 5-10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Stir sugar into tea until dissolved. Stir in the cold water, lemonade
- concentrate and extract. Serve over ice. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 87 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.