"Melt-in-your-mouth tender" is how folks describe this golden chicken with a delicate lemon sauce. The almonds add a subtle nutty flavor everyone enjoys.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or ginger ale
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; set aside 1/4 cup for sauce. Dredge chicken in remaining flour mixture, then dip in eggs.
- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For sauce, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan. Add onions and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in reserved flour mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add the broth, ginger ale and lemon juice; cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes. Top with almonds, parsley and lemon. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Almond Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p82
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Almond Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review