Lemon Almond Asparagus
Linda Barry has a time-easing way to dress up fresh asparagus. The Yakima, Washington reader drizzles butter and lemon juice over the spears before topping them with almonds and lemon peel.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- Melt butter; stir in lemon juice. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups
- water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook 2-4 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain and place on a serving plate. Drizzle with
- butter mixture; top with almonds and, if desired, lemon peel. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 78 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.