Lemon 'n' Lime Strawberry Ice Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shredded lime peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain; discard peels. Add juices to the syrup; cool slightly.
- 2. Place half of the juice mixture and strawberries in a blender; cover and pulse until nearly smooth. Pour into 2-qt. freezer container. Repeat with remaining juice mixture and berries.
- 3. Cover and freeze 12 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Ice may be frozen for up to 3 months. Just before serving, break apart with a large spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 173 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Lemon 'n' Lime Strawberry Ice
"Great use of abundance of fresh picked strawberries. Used some as a dessert and some as a margarita mix."
"Add margarita mix for a delicious strawberry margarita!"
"This is great but I did't use the sugar, used a sugar free substitute , Awesome!"
"This was one of the best desserts I've ever made. I was shocked at how much flavor there was for this recipe to be so simple."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.