Lemon 'n' Lime Strawberry Ice Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shredded lime peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain; discard peels. Add juices to the syrup; cool slightly.
- 2. Place half of the juice mixture and strawberries in a blender; cover and pulse until nearly smooth. Pour into 2-qt. freezer container. Repeat with remaining juice mixture and berries.
- 3. Cover and freeze 12 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Ice may be frozen for up to 3 months. Just before serving, break apart with a large spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 173 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.