- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shredded lime peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain; discard peels. Add juices to the syrup; cool slightly.
- Place half of the juice mixture and strawberries in a blender; cover and pulse until nearly smooth. Transfer to a 2-qt. freezer container. Repeat with remaining juice mixture and berries.
- Cover and freeze for 12 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Ice may be frozen for up to 3 months. Just before serving, break apart with a large spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon 'n' Lime Strawberry Ice(3)
Sort By :
Add margarita mix for a delicious strawberry margarita!
This is great but I did't use the sugar, used a sugar free substitute , Awesome!
This was one of the best desserts I've ever made. I was shocked at how much flavor there was for this recipe to be so simple.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >