Lemon & Rosemary Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, rosemary and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 cookie equals 31 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Lemon & Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.