Lemon & Rosemary Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, rosemary and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 each: 31 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Lemon & Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
"Worst recipe I have ever tried. I used the correct amounts of all the ingredients, froze the dough, used the correct temperature. The cookies came out flat, undercooked, and fell apart into crumbs."
"These made about 5 dozen cookies for me. They were wonderful. Very delicate. The rosemary was subtle, and the lemon flavor was a winner."
"Made with real butter, but I must have cut them thinner because I ended up with 14 dozen. The thinner cookies baked for 6 minutes and then cooled on the sheet for 2 minutes. Love the zest in these.The calorie count is probably correct because each cookie is about the size of a half-dollar coin."
"Interesting and Excellent! As for the calorie count, myrecipes.com has a similar recipe that lists 115 calories per cookie, but it makes one-third the number. Their cookies are 1-1/2 inches in diameter and have a glaze made of powdered sugar and lemon juice on top. I like the increased rosemary in these!"
"VERY nice! Making these to add to a bottle of wine for Christmas gifts!"
"Very good shortbread cookie. I did not get 8 dozen cookies from this recipe though."
"Does anyone else think the calorie count for the cookie might be a typo?"
"I made this with margarine in case we didnt like it. They are awesome...............so next time butter. Great grandkids cookie !!!"
"light and yummm, i added some sour cream in sub for butter tho, one of my first baking adventures :) thanks great resipie"
"I made these tender shortbread cookies after I received an unexpected bunch of rosemary, took them to work and had several requests for the recipe. A great addition to a cup of tea."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.