Lemon & Garlic New Potatoes
“This is a simplified version of a dish my Costa Rican host sister used to make when I was in the Peace Corps. It has become a favorite side dish at my house.” —Katie Bartle, Parkville, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring
- to a boil. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In the same pan, cook potatoes in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6
- minutes or until browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove
- from the heat, stir in the cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.