Lemon & Garlic New Potatoes for Two
“This is a simplified version of a dish my Costa Rican host sister used to make when I was in the Peace Corps. It has become a favorite side dish at my house.” —Katie Bartle, Parkville, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound baby red potatoes (1-3/4-inch wide, about 6), halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain;
- remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Return potatoes to pan;
- cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook
- 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Add remaining ingredients; toss
- to combine. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.