Our family took a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Norway, where we got to eat incredible shrimp sandwiches like these. The crustier the bread, the better. —Monica Kolva, Millville, New Jersey
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded lettuce and sliced tomato, optional
- Hollow out bun bottoms, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Spoon shrimp mixture into bun bottoms. If desired, top with lettuce and tomato. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon & Dill Shrimp Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Lemon & Dill Shrimp Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2016
"Wonderful and I do not usually like lemon. Easy to prepare."