- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded lettuce and sliced tomato, optional
- Hollow out bun bottoms, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper until blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Spoon shrimp mixture into bun bottoms. If desired, top with lettuce and tomato. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemon & Dill Shrimp Sandwiches
"This was pretty good and very easy to make. I had leftover shrimp and decided to make this for lunch the next day. I cut it into 1/4 because that's all the leftovers I had. The only thing I did different was I added in a drop or two of Worcestershire sauce. I'd make this again."
"Wonderful and I do not usually like lemon. easy to prepare."