- 1/2 leg of lamb (3 to 4 pounds)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Cut five slits in the meat; insert garlic. Combine salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder; rub over meat. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat until browned; turn and brown the other side. Turn oven to 350°. Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Cover and bake for 25 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 160° for medium or 170° for well-done. Remove to carving board and keep warm. Pour pan drippings into a large measuring cup, scraping brown bits. Skim fat; reserving 1/4 cup in a saucepan; add flour. Add water to drippings to equals 2 cups; add all at once to flour mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more. Slice lamb and serve with gravy. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Leg of Lamb(2)
Sort By :
this recipe is quick and easy. doesnt dry out the lamb either. will make i again
This was the first time i made a lamb roast - turned out lovely. Will definately be using this simple recipe again next time