Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with turkey; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Whisk in the soup, milk, poultry seasoning and mustard until blended. Add cheddar cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until melted. Pour over turkey.
- 3. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 444 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
"I left out the mozzarella and topped with bread crumbs and added more parmesean cheese. Delish!"
"I have another Tetrazzini recipe that I cut out of Taste of Home YEARS ago that was good, but not great. It's like someone took that old recipe, revamped it and this was the result. This was SO much creamier and more flavorful - and it was even better the next day. I was skeptical about not mixing the pasta with the sauce before putting it in the oven, but it turned out perfect. I thought it needed some color, so I took a large red bell pepper and "roasted" it over an open flame, wiped off the charred skin, chopped it up and added it to the sauce. I think it worked out very well. I also used 8 oz. of mushrooms just because I love them. This is definitely a keeper. So glad I ran across it!"
"I substituted cream of mushroom with Cream of Onion. We though it had good flavor."
"This turned out delicious!!! Full of flavor and just the right amount of sauce! I will make this every year after Thanksgiving. I only had regular spaghetti on hand and I broiled at the end for a minute. I had seconds it was so yummy!"
"This was a great recipe. I used leftover roasted chicken instead of turkey. Cooked it on convection at 350 and the cheese really crisped up on top which was delicious!"
"I made this recipe for dinner tonight. I followed the recipe exactly except I added an extra cup of mushrooms. My husband who is not a big fan of new dishes had three servings! A guest and myself both gave it a thumbs up. I used turkey I had frozen from another dinner. Almost all the other ingredients are ones I usually have on hand."
"Not very flavorful."
"A family favorite! Great with tuna, too. We leave out the mushrooms and use cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom. Easy to double."
"I added garlic and steamed broccoli however it was dry. Next time I will double liquid. It has a good flavor!"
"Very nice flavor. I used portabella mushrooms and asiago cheese instead of the parmesan."
"I love turkey and I love pasta, so this is a great one for me!"
"Made this today and found it okay, not great. But, with some changes it would be much better. For more flavor I'd increase the poultry seasoning, add some heat with chili flakes, add some sliced black olives and artichoke hearts. That should do it!"
"Didn't have mushrooms so I used a couple cups frozen spinach instead....excellent!"
"Decided to try this with our left over Thanksgiving turkey. It was easy and delicious. Two minor changes that I made were adding 1 cup of celery (sauteed with mushrooms and onion) and I used Fettuccine instead of spaghetti. Will definitely make again."
"This was great. Not too complicated or time-consuming. Very tasty."
"Made it last week and everyone enjoyed it. Great way to use turkey leftovers."
"I added cooked frozen broccoli, & green peppers instead of the mushrooms & a layer of stuffing. My entire family loved it."
"This recipe was good but a little dry. I used extra milk when I reheated the leftovers and it was much better"