Leftover-Turkey Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed whole grain bread
- 3 cups cubed white bread
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the onion, celery and 1/2 cup broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and remaining broth until blended. Add the bread cubes, turkey and cranberries; mix well.
- 2. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 290 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 916 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer