Leftover Turkey Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed whole grain bread
- 3 cups cubed white bread
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the onion, celery and 1/2 cup broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and remaining broth until blended. Add the bread cubes, turkey and cranberries; mix well.
- 2. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 290 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 916mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Leftover Turkey Bake
"My husband doesn't like the cranberries. Any suggestion what could beused instead?"
"Terrible! Very bland, feel like I wasted leftovers that could have been used in way more tastier ways!"
"i used 1/2 package prepackaged stuffing instead of the called for breadcrumbs. i then needed more liquid so i added 2 more cups broth. it turned out great...almost like a turkey dinner..."
"This recipe really perked up my leftover turkey! It has TONS of flavour and I loved the zing that the cranberries gave it. I served it with some mashed potatoes and veggies and it was like Thanksgiving casserole. I don't like the taste of leftover poultry, so this was a wonderful way to use it up!"