- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed whole grain bread
- 3 cups cubed white bread
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large saucepan, bring the onion, celery and 1/2 cup broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and remaining broth until blended. Add the bread cubes, turkey and cranberries; mix well.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Leftover-Turkey Bake
Sort By :
"My husband doesn't like the cranberries. Any suggestion what could beused instead?"
"Terrible! Very bland, feel like I wasted leftovers that could have been used in way more tastier ways!"
"i used 1/2 package prepackaged stuffing instead of the called for breadcrumbs. i then needed more liquid so i added 2 more cups broth. it turned out great...almost like a turkey dinner..."
"This recipe really perked up my leftover turkey! It has TONS of flavour and I loved the zing that the cranberries gave it. I served it with some mashed potatoes and veggies and it was like Thanksgiving casserole. I don't like the taste of leftover poultry, so this was a wonderful way to use it up!"